Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fat Cats

Eric Schechter, one of the candidates for the TN-5 seat this fall, has started an organization called Vote No Fat Cats. Their intent is to end the dominance of money in our elections, a goal I fully support. So long as corporations have more political influence than individuals, so long as the financial barrier to participation into the political process is so high most people can't hope to reach it, our democratic process is broken. I intend to fix it.

As such, I have joined this organization, and I pledge that I will not accept any corporate donations. I encourage all candidates to do the same, and I ask all voters to take this organization into account when choosing your candidate in the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home