Monday, October 12, 2009

Issue page updates

I've updated the Issues page to better reflect the priorities I place on various issues and concepts. Immigration, Gun Control, and Education have been updated to make my positions clearer. Several other issues have been modified slightly, but no changes of substance were made in them.

Two significant additions have been made. First, I am now calling for the immediate definition of a victory scenario in Afghanistan. If there is no clear objective, then the lives of our servicemen and women are being wasted to achieve nothing. Second, as I have explored the issue further, I am now firmly opposed to a national sales tax. The administrative overhead of such a tax would not be significantly less than our present tax system, and the overall financial impact of the usual proposals would be severely detrimental to people unable to afford it.

Watch soon for more details about my health care reform proposals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home